Friday, October 5, 2012

3 Ingredient Pumpkin Mini Muffins

I know you have probably see the 2 ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe floating around the internet and pinterest. Well, this one is very similar, but with two changes: 1. Different cake mix 2. Adding decaf coffee.

Yes, decaf coffee. Sound weird, but I have made the two ingredient muffins and while they were good, they were a little too dense for me. I wanted a way to lighten them up some and I had some left over coffee. I'm not sure what made me put the two together, but it was a great combination! The muffins came out more light and airy and not too sweet! I also made mini muffins which makes them about 55 calories per muffin (without the glaze).

Here goes...



3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

1 Boxed Spice Cake Mix
1 Can Pureed Pumpkin
3/4 Cup Decaf Coffee

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl (if you like a spicier cake, add extra cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc...). Spray your muffin pan with non-stick spray. Fill each one almost to the top. Bake until they are springy to the touch.

Optional... Cinnamon Sugar Glaze

1 Tbsp Butter substitute
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (more or less to taste)
1/2 cup Sugar

Place all ingredients into a sauce pan and heat until everything is melted and dissolved. You may find that you need to adjust some of the ingredients to your own liking. Drizzle over the muffins!

Hope you enjoy!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment