Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spinach Zucchini Patties

I know, one lonely little patty up there looks kind of sad, but these turned out amazing and I did it totally on accident.

Last night I took out some ground venison to thaw so that I could use half of it for meatballs and the other half for tacos tomorrow. I starting getting my meatball mixture together (I go very veggie heavy in my meatballs), once that was all mixed I went to open my package of venison and there it was... Venison link sausage, not ground venison. Crap... So now I have this mixture that I don't want to waist and no meat thawed. I am the queen of improvising so I looked at what I had and thought, this would probably make a pretty tasty patty. I made a few additions to the mixture and did a test batch. YUM! And pretty healthy too!
Spinach Zucchini Patties


1 Med Zucchini, grated
1 Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
1/2 Med Red Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 Cup Finely Shredded Cheddar
1 Egg
1/2 Italian Breadcrumbs (add gradually until mixture holds together when formed into a patty)
Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Blend Seasoning to taste
Salt  & Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add bread crumbs gradually, the mixture will look loose, but if it holds together when you form it into a patty, it's good. Put a small amount of olive oil in a pan and heat on med to med high. When the oil is warm, place the patties in and pan fry until browned on both sides. Drain excess oil on a paper towel or cooling rack. Serve hot!

These would be great with a marinara sauce served over pasta or served as a side dish with almost anything! Enjoy!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment