Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pumpkin yumminess!

It's pumpkin season and I am stoked! I loooooooove pumpkin season and I am pretty sure I will die a pumpkin death this year.

While visiting one of my dearest friends last year, her mom made us the most amazing dessert EVER, Pumpkin Crunch. If I had to choose a last meal, it would be this, with a side of this and this as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It's that good...

I'm chomping at the bit for a reason to make this... Wait, it's Thursday, right? Thursday is as good of a reason as any to me! And if I could actually muster up enough energy to get off the couch (this cold is kicking my butt), I might actually make it.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the recipe...


Pumpkin Crunch

1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 Can (16oz) Solid Packed Pumpkin
1 Can (12oz) Evaporated Milk
3 Eggs
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Melted Butter
Vanilla Ice Cream

Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Pour into 9×13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Drizzle the melted butter over the top. Top with pecans. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. For best results, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Oh my word, my mouth is watering just thinking about it... Enjoy!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment